How to do TomTom Update?
TomTom Update - Now Update Your TomTom Navigation Device using TomTom MyDrive Connect. Download, Install and Update the Device Here.
Technology is not constant. It changes every day with new innovative ideas. That ideas get converted into new Updates. If you have any kind of software or devices, it needs a regular updation. And to update the software or devices, you need to perform several easy steps.
TomTom is a multinational developer & creator of navigation technology and consumer electronics. TomTom has a vast range of devices for navigation and electronics and this also needs regular updations. Here we are talking about updating your TomTom navigation device.
Benefits of keeping your TomTom Device updated are:-
- It gives regular map updates.
- This will allow you to stay on the top of route changes.
- To get new and current information about locations.
- It gives you the latest navigation data for traveling.
TomTom navigation devices get regular updates about maps, route changes, and current location information. The updates come in at least once a quarter (every three months) to keep you informed about the current location and route changes.
TomTom provides two different software programs to update your maps depending on what device you use like MyDevice Connect and TomTom Home. both of the programs are available for Windows PCs and Mac OS. There are paid and unpaid updates available for both the program.
In order to update your TomTom devices, you have to make sure that you have a TomTom account. There are two options for logging your account:-
If you have an account already:-
- If you already have an account then, open the web browser and visit TomTom Official Website.
- Then, click on the Login option from the top right corner of the screen.
- Now, enter log in credentials to sign in to your account.
- Click on the Login option from and create an Account option.
- After all, you need to enter all the required details like email id, name and other.
- If you want to receive the updates from TomTom, Tick the checkbox.
- Review all the terms & conditions and then, click on the Create Account.
- You need to verify your account by using the verification link.
- You will receive the link on your registered email id.
- Now, you can Login to your account.
After Login your account, you are one step forward towards updation. Sometimes linking your devices is also a task. Every TomTom navigation device need to be linked to a TomTom Account to receive updates. And for linking your navigation device to your TomTom Account, you have to Add a device to your account.
Adding A Device To Your Account
You can Add your device to your account in three easy steps for both the device TomTom Home and MyDrive Connect -
Firstly, Download and Install MyDrive Connect and TomTom Home.
- After that, a welcome screen will appear with a dialog saying “ Add a Device”.
- Next screen will appear saying “ Do you want to Add this device? Click on Add button.
- Your device has been added now check for updates.
- For adding another account on your device go to home screen and Add a Device.
Removing A Device From Your Account
You can Remove your device from your account in three easy steps for both the device TomTom Home and MyDrive Connect:-
- Log in to your account with MyDrive Connect or TomTom Home.
- After that, click on My Devices.
- A list of the devices connected to your account is shown.
- Now, select a device that you want to manage.
- To remove it from your account, click on the garbage bin icon.
- Next screen will come saying “Are you sure”? Click Remove to confirm removal of the device from the account.
After linking your device to your account lets step forward to update the software. You can update your software using both the devices with MyDrive Connect or TomTom Home.
Update Software using MyDrive Connect
Before you start the process of updation, make sure you use the latest version of MyDrive Connect and it is compatible with your system.
Steps 1. Install TomTom Update
- You have to download and install MyDrive Connect application on your system.
- Before downloading the MyDrive Connect, be sure that your system meets the minimum requirements.
- You should Use the latest version of software.
- To download the application, open web browser and visit the official site of TomTom.
- Search for the MyDrive Connect and then, tap on the Download button.
- Wait for the downloading to finish and then, click Run.
- Click Yes to allow the permission.
- Now, click on the Install button.
- To finish the process, follow the prompts which are showing on the screen.
- Click Close to Finish the process.
Step 2. Sign In to Install TomTom Update
Follow the mentioned process below then you may be able to download and install TomTom Update:-
- Firstly to download and install the updates, be sure that the app is installed on your system.
- After that, you have to connect your device with your system by using USB cable.
- Find the cable and then connect your device, the USB comes along with the device.
- Try to connect one end to the device and another one to the system and then turn on the device.
- Then, wait for the application to start.
- If it is not starting automatically then, launch the app by double-clicking on it.
- Now, log in to your account by entering your login credentials.
- If you do not have an account then, create one and log into your TomTom account.
- For future references, yo can also tick the checkbox besides “Remember my email address”
- Click Sign In and then click My Content from the menu and then select Maps.
- After that, click on the Updates button after selecting the map which you want to update
- You will be asked to click Install to finish the process and then click Close.
- Your software is now updated successfully on your device with MyDrive Connect.
Update Software using TomTom Home
Before you start the process of updation, make sure you use the latest version of TomTom Home and it is compatible with your system.
Steps 1. Install TomTom Update
- Make sure that your system is compatible with TomTom Home.
- After that, search and select the TomTom Home application from the official website.
- To start the downloading process, click on the Download button.
- To allow the permission, click Yes.
- Then, click Run or SaveFile to the file on your device.
- Wait to finish the downloading and then open the downloads folder.
- Furthermore, select your downloaded file and then double-click to run the setup.
- Now click continue, then tick the checkbox to accept the terms and conditions.
- Click on the Agree button and then follow the instruction.
- Click close to exit out the activation window.
- You can launch the application and then start managing your TomTom device.
Step 2. Sign In to Install TomTom Update
In order to download and install TomTom update, follow the instructions given below:-
- To save data, take the backup of your TomTom device.
- You have to connect your device to your system using a USB cable.
- Inside the box of your device, you can find the USB cable.
- And in case if you do not get one along with your product, you can use some other USB cable.
- When your device is connected with your system, you need to turn on your device.
- Now, Wait for the application to start.
- Then, start your application manually by double-clicking on the icon.
- After that, you have to wait to finish the updates checking process.
- If your process do not start automatically then, you can click on the update My Device to check for updates.
- You can also install the device which you have downloaded previously by using the TomTom Home.
- You have to select the device from the list in order to download updates.
- Furthermore, click on the Download Updates and then wait to finish the process.
- Now, you need to follow the instructions to complete the download and install for TomTom updates.
- Click on Done and then disconnect the process by selecting the Disconnect Device option under the Device tab in menu.
Activate Your TomTom Maps
You have to gain the access to new maps on your TomTom navigation device. You must activate the maps using a series of unique codes. It is a process put in place to help reduce the pirating of TomTom software. You can begin using the maps on your TomTom device, after you enter the correct activation code.
Step 1. You can connect your TomTom GPS to a computer using the USB cord which came with your device. If the GPS unit asks to connect with your computer, answer “Yes”.
Step 2. Open your TomTom device doesn’t open automatically. Go to TomTom official website and download it to your computer.
Step 3. Furthermore, wait for TomTom device to recognize your application. And from the main menu, choose “Update My Device”.
Step 4. At the bottom of the TomTom application screen, check the box next to each update you want to get. After That click, “Update and Install”.
Step 5 . From the TomTom device main menu you can buy a new map by choosing “Add Maps”. And clicking “buy” next to the map you want to download. After that enter your method of payment, then choose either “Install Now” or “Install Later” at the bottom of your TomTom device.
TomTom Map is now updated successfully on your TomTom device. You can update your TomTom Device from two different ways, one is from TomTom Home and another is MyDrive Connect. TomTom update can be installed with easy steps.